A Call to Artists!
Pastels are the medium and works produced are temporary. There are no fees! Materials will be provided. You need only to provide your talents and enthusiasm and follow the rules of the road.
Space is limited.
To ensure your ability to participate, street painters are strongly encouraged to find a business, individual, or organization to sponsor your space. Or consider sponsoring a space yourself or with friends.
Watch our Artist Orientation Video here. Festival information, rules, tips, tricks and recommendations will be provided. Before you begin painting, you will need to check in at the Artists’ Oasis on Saturday a.m. The Artists’ Oasis will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days. You will be given your assigned space, pastels and a few other items.
Mail completed applications with attachments and proposed street painting image to:
Street Painting Festival Inc.
P.O. Box 1393 Lake Worth, Florida 33460.
Applicaton Requirements & Rules of the Road
- Two different examples that are representative of the art work you create must be provided with the application. ie: laser prints, photos or JPEG images (identified with your name). Please Note: photos/slides etc. cannot be returned.
- No artist will be accepted without a picture or sketch and brief description of the proposed street painting image. If you are doing a reproduction (your own work or work of another artist) you must submit
a copy of the image along with a copy of your original sketch.
- Chalk will be provided, however if you are using a predominant color in your design we recommend purchasing additional chalk in that color before the Festival.
- Artwork for the Festival must be appropriate for public viewing. No commercial, political or personal advertisements or statements, written, visual or implied are permitted. Absolutely no words or symbols intended or interpreted as political statements or advertising may appear within the street painting image.
- Incomplete Applications will Not Be Accepted.
Although the Festival is not a competition, a selection committee reviews your work, therefore it is important to provide us with the best possible examples of your work and your proposed street painting image. the street painting Festival committee reserves the right to deem any submitted subject matter as inappropriate. Non-compliance with any of the rules will result in non acceptence and / or immediate removal from the Festival.
The Application process begins mid October. Applicants will be notified regarding their acceptance no later than February 1.
Artists who provide ther own sponsor will automatically be accepted as a street painter and must comply with all the rules of participation. The completed Sponsorship Form and payment must be submitted in conjunction with the Artist’s Application.